Each week we invite a designer to illustrate his or her favorite quotes by famous creatives. This week Jessica Wong Cruickshank brought us some cheeky words of wisdom from a range of folks, from a literary great, to the granddaddy of design, to our favorite curmudgeonly yet cuddly Parks and Rec star.
- Victor Papanek: “The only important thing about design is how it relates to people.”
- Robert Bringhurst: “By all means break the rules, and break them beautifully, deliberately, and well. That is one of the ends for which they exist.”
- Paul Rand: “It is important to use your hands. This is what distinguishes you from a cow or a computer operator.”
- Parks and Recreation’s Ron Swanson: “Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.”
- John Steinbeck: “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.”